3rd Grade Highlights
We are thrilled you are considering Grace Christian School for your child’s educational experience. Each year we look forward with anticipation what our year will bring, and we are delighted your child may be a part of our class.
In the third grade, we experience many academic, physical, and spiritual changes. Listed below are some highlights of third grade your child can look forward to.
- A book report and project that shows a favorite scene
- Development of critical thinking skills using non-fiction/fiction text
- Focus on non-fiction text features to aid in comprehension
- A strong emphasis on word analysis and vocabulary
- Personal Narrative, Persuasive and Expository writing
- Mastery of cursive writing
- Mastery of multiplication
- Proficiency of place value, fractions, measurement, graphing and geometry
- A rocks and minerals unit, which includes building a paper mache volcano
- The study of cold and warm-blooded animals
- A research report about a favorite wild animal
- The study of Lewis and Clark’s expedition
- A study of slavery and the Civil War
- Use of technology for word analysis and research
- Weekly memorization of God’s word
- Emphasis on character development with practical lessons, enabling students to make life-changing decisions for themselves
- Field trips to The Crater Rock Museum and Wildlife Images
- Exploration & dissection of owl pellets
We are excited to partner with you during your child’s third grade year. We consider it a blessing to come along side you and teach your children.