With great excitement, Grace Cascade Christian Schools is announcing that Danny Miles will be joining the Challengers Athletic Program as an assistant athletic director. Grace Cascade Christian Schools is an OSAA (3A) private school system comprised of Grace Christian Elementary School, the soon to be completed new Cascade Christian Middle School, and Cascade Christian High School, located in Medford, Oregon. Dave Fennell, Director of Advancement and Athletics, is thrilled to bring Mr. Miles on board to assist with coach development, program development, player development, and college recruitment.
Mr. Miles has been the Oregon Institute of Technology (OIT) Owls Men’s Basketball coach for 45 years, and is one of the four winningest coaches in the nation, having reached his one thousandth win on February 1, 2014. Mr. Miles’ accomplishments are impressive, including:
* 3x NAIA National Basketball Coach of the Year (2004, 2008, 2012)
* National Association of Basketball Coaches Coach of the Year (2012)
* National winner of NAIA’s Champion of Character award for all sports in 2009
* A.T. Slats Gill All-Sports Coach of the Year (2004)
* DNA Award at the Oregon Sports Award show (2013)
* Guardians of the Game Pillar Award for Advocacy from the National Association of Basketball Coaches (2013)
* 3x NAIA National Championships
* Received the Coach Wooden “Keys to Life” Award at the Athletes in Action Legends of the Hardwood Breakfast (2015), held each year during the Final Four
Mr. Miles is native to Southern Oregon, and is an alumnus of Southern Oregon University. In 2005 he was the recipient of the Distinguished Alumnus Award at a dinner held in his honor. He is a charter member of the SOU and the City of Medford’s Halls of Fame for his outstanding athletic fortunes.
How fortunate are we? Just to think of the chance that he (Danny Miles) would be there and be an influence in the lives of these young kids… So happy for (my son) and his schoolmates! – Lori R. via Facebook
Mr. Miles has coached ten summer clinics in France, as well as held clinics in Australia and China. In 2010, Miles participated in the Athlete’s In Action (AIA) as a staff member, traveling throughout Kenya and Rwanda, Africa where they hosted basketball clinics. In August 2011, he was selected as the Head Clinician for AIA, having coached the national coaches of Rwanda, as well as the top men’s and women’s players from the East African nation.
Having grown up in Medford, Mr. Miles is looking forward to returning to his roots and settling nearby with his wife, Judie.
Welcome to the Challengers Team, Coach Miles!
Click here for the story on KDRV Channel 12 News
Photo property of KDRV Channel 12 News