Grace Cascade Christian Schools, located in Medford, Oregon, specializes in training young people in grades preschool through twelve to be Christ-centered, productive believers through the teaching of the Word of God and by example, in harmony with and supporting the Christian home.
All academics are taught from a Biblical worldview, with an emphasis on each individual’s personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, since our ultimate purpose is to be like Him (Romans 8:28-30).
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
– Romans 8:28-30 (NIV)
Explanation of our Statements
The mission of the schools is who we work with, what we do, and why we exist. The vision is what we would hope to see as an outcome of our ministry to families and students who attend our schools. Our core values are the foundational aspects that we as a school system believe are our framework, the last things we would take away from our institutions. Our Statement of Faith is the essential doctrines or beliefs that we hold in common as Christians in this community.
Statement of Faith
We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, where He now acts as Mediator and Advocate. (John 1:1; John 8:58; I Corinthians 8:6; Philippians 2:5-6)
We believe in the personal, imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His own. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. (Mark 13:32-37; Titus 2:13; I Thessalonians 4:17)
We believe that Heaven is the place of eternal blessedness for the saved and that Hell is the place of eternal conscious punishment for the lost. (Daniel 12:2; Matthew 25:31-46; John 10:28; Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 14:10-11; Revelation 22:3-5)
We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men and all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ, alone, by grace through faith are born again and become the children of God. (John 3:3; John 5:8; John 14:6; Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:5; Ephesians 2:8-9)
We believe in the spirit of unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the necessity of all His followers maintaining good works as evidence of faith. (John 17:20-23; Ephesians 2:10; Ephesians 4:1-3)
Philosophy of Christian Education
The educational program and methods of instruction at Grace Cascade Christian Schools are dependent on a Biblical philosophy to provide the perspective, general background truths, and principles for the interpretation of facts encountered in the study of any academic subject. We believe that the concepts of a Christian educational philosophy are as follows:
- God is the Creator and Sustainer of all things, and the Source of all truth.
- God maintains control over His entire universe.
- Because of sin, man tends to omit God and thus fails to relate himself and his knowledge to God, the Source of all wisdom.
- Regeneration is by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; true meaning and value can be ascertained only in the light of His person, purpose, and work.
- God has revealed Himself in a general way in his creation, and in a specific way in the Bible.
- As the student beholds the glory of God reflected in the Bible and in the world, the Holy Spirit conforms him/her to the image of Christ.
- The home, church, and school should complement each other, promoting the student’s spiritual, academic, social, and physical growth.
- The teacher stands in the place of the parent during the school day.
- The prayer of a righteous person has a powerful effect.
- To work in cooperation with parents; to reinforce the family as God’s authority over each student.
- To provide students with an overall sense of personal destiny in their lives through the study of creation, history, science, the arts, and through social and cultural relationships.
- To provide students an opportunity to gain a balance of knowledge and service in their lives.
- To provide students an opportunity to see that relationship with Christ is the fulfillment God intends for their lives and that Christian service is an integral part of their life.
- To provide students an opportunity for physical activities, in order to develop skills and a proper understanding of the Christian’s attitude toward competition.
- To provide students with an understanding of how to handle stress and pressure, and to view them as one of God’s ways of developing character.
- To provide students with an understanding of their intrinsic value before God.
- To provide students with an understanding of the importance of their involvement in the local church, the Body of Christ.
- To provide students with a knowledge of God and our Savior, Jesus Christ.
- To provide students with assistance in choosing a vocation in which they can use their gifts and calling for God’s glory.
- To provide students with the support to become consistent Christians in character, conduct, and conversation.
- To provide students with the training to become godly leaders, live out the fruit of the Spirit and display Christ-like leadership qualities through the knowledge of God’s Word.
Private School Parental Rights
Private schools are governed by contract law and are not covered under the U.S. Constitution. Parents and their children have many protections under common law, federal and state statutes. Grace Cascade Christian Schools’ parents have the following rights:
- Have their children receive an academically sound education.
- Talk with school personnel and have requests for meetings answered in a timely manner.
- Receive fair hearings on concerns and grievances.
- Have students supervised in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Review records.
- Participate in the activities of the school.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Grace Cascade Christian Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color or national/ethnic origin in the administration of admissions and/or educational policies. As a religious, private institution, however, it does screen students on the basis of academic ability, conduct and compatibility with the religious goals, purpose, resources and philosophy of the school. As a discipleship school, Grace Cascade Christian Schools does seek to enroll students of families who are actively involved in a Bible-believing local church which supports the Grace Cascade Christian Schools’ Statement of Faith. However, families are evaluated on an individual basis and those who are open to seeking God’s truth and learning more about Him may be considered for enrollment as well.
Grace Cascade Christian Schools is recognized by the State of Oregon as a non-profit and is established as a 501(C)3 non-profit corporation.